Personal Data Collected
We cannot help you book a stay unless we have certain essential information. Therefore, you must enter certain data to enjoy a pleasant experience on our website and to be able to benefit from our services. As a result, we ask that you provide us the following data:
- Identifying data and contact details: your given name, your surname, your email address, your phone number and a photo of your identity document;
- Reservation data: details of the reservations you book on our website, including your reservation number, the dates of your stay, arrival and departure times, your means of transport and the names of your travel companions;
- Payment information: the payment method you used for your reservation, your credit card number and its expiration date, the amount paid, and other information regarding your transactions on the website;
- Your communications: all of the conversations or messages you have sent or exchanged with HIGHSTAY;
- Marketing data: any and all information that may help us to offer you services that match your profile and interests. For example, your geolocation data;
- Navigation data: the data generated as you browse our website, such as the pages you view, the links to third-party sites that you click, and the searches you conduct. To find out more, see our Cookies Policy.
Purposes and legal basis for data processing
We process your personal data for the following reasons (purposes) and grounds (legal bases).
Sharing with third parties
Your personal data is only communicated to persons authorized to receive it, for the purposes of the purposes described above. Thus, your data is transmitted to the following recipients.
1. Your data may be transmitted to payment processing companies to finalize your reservation.
2. We may have cause to transfer your data to the companies of the Highstay Group and to a third party in the event of a purchase, merger, or divestiture of our assets, in whole or in part, or in the event of a reorganization of our business.
3. We may share your data with service providers with our technical and marketing service providers as well as with our service providers for reception, accommodation, and the provision of related services.
4. We may disclose your information to courts, police authorities, public authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties to comply with our legal obligations, respond to a valid legal request, or protect our own interests.
Personal data retention
We will retain your data only as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which they were collected.
Personal data relating to customers, as part of the management of the commercial relationship, are kept for the duration of the contractual relationship. This duration is ten years for the accounting documents.
Regarding contact requests, personal data is kept for the time necessary to respond to the request and may be kept for the duration of the commercial relationship for customer requests if necessary.
The data collected to send the newsletter is kept until the newsletter is unsubscribed or for a period of three years from the last contact from the data subject.
The data processed to send communications on our offers to customers are kept for a period of three years from the last contact from the customer.
The data necessary to meet HIGHSTAY's legal obligations and ensure its legal defense if necessary are kept for the legal prescription periods.
Your Data Protection Rights
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and French Law n°78-18 known as the “Loi Informatique et Libertés”, you have certain rights, within legal limits, over your personal data.
- Right of access: You may ask to receive a copy of the data we have about you in order to verify that they are processed in accordance with the laws in force.
- Right to rectification: You may request the correction of any incorrect, incomplete, or inaccurate data.
- Right to object: You may object at any time to the processing of your data for legitimate reasons (for example, if you decline to have your data used for marketing purposes).
- Right to erasure: You may request the deletion of your personal data if you believe that they are not, or longer are, necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, if you withdraw your consent for the use of your data, or if you believe them to be processed unlawfully.
- Right to data portability: You may recover the data you have provided to us in a machine-readable format for your own use or to be sent to a third party of your choosing.
- Right to restriction of processing: You may request a temporary freeze on some of your personal data (for example, if you dispute their accuracy or object to their processing).
- Right to set guidelines on the fate of your data after death.
To exercise your rights, or if you have any questions, please contact us by sending an email.
If after contacting us, you consider that your rights have not been respected, you can submit a complaint to the French supervisory authority, the “Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés” (CNIL): https://www.cnil.fr/.
Our website contains buttons connecting to social media networks, particularly Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. We have no control over these third-party platforms, that act as data controllers, and we are not liable for their practices and privacy policies. As a result, we strongly encourage you to read their Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies.